MESSAGE CENTER FAQ’s
Q. Is the Outdoor Message Center weatherproof?
A. Please note that the Outdoor Message Center is weather-resistant, not weather proof. Several features reduce the effect of weather and increase the product’s longevity, including:
- The enclosure has a 9 inch overhand to help protect from the elements
- Weatherstripping has been installed around the door (note: during a settling in period, the lock may need to be pushed in while locking, and door edges may not be flush with the case.)
- Vent caps allow any moisture to escape
- The backing has a weather resistant (self healing) vinyl covering instead of cork which is not very weather resistant.
- The Letterboard insert has a vinyl covering
Q. Why is the Letterboard an insert?
A. As an insert, the user has the option of using it in either letterboard or tackboard mode simply by removing the insert. If heat or moisture cause any issues over time, the insert is readily replaceable without any installation or repair work.
Q. What options are available for letterboard fonts and sizes?
A. The letterboard option comes with approximately 300 of 2″ letters (Note: there is currently no letter for “@”). Optional 3 inch letters can also be requested at an additional price. With 1/4 inch grooves, any commercially available letterboard letters will fit. (Note: some orientations facing the sun combined with the black vinyl can cause intense heat that letter can become deformed and new sets can be ordered.
Q. When are Extended Length posts needed?
A. The extended length posts can help when people will normally walk up to the enclosure to view items such as maps and postings. The extra inches helps so people do not need to stoop over. However, the most common use for the Outdoor Message Center is for people to view from a distance in where the standard posts are best.
Q. What is the logo option?
A. There is room for a small logo on the top panel for an added cost. We ask for the vector art graphics file (in EPS or AI format) but if you only have a JPG format, we can digitize it for a fee. These logos are usually done as “black & white” (white vinyl against the black background). In some cases, we can print color logos on a white oval). In any case, we will work provide a proof that you will get to approve.